I’m going to be honest with you… No! Not even one $35+ dollar coat. And that’s just with a single bottle. If you spray paint something that you want to paint, you make it much easier, as you can do it any time (after cleaning the inside). And that’s why I love to let all my friends who live in the country spray paint my car. It’s so easy and they don’t even have to know how to use a spray bottle (though they are the very person that helps me with that).
The next step I like to take while waiting for the paint to dry is to paint the car in the carport while it’s completely dry. Then we just keep putting on the coats of primer, wax and paint. The whole process takes about 5-6 weeks. This is so that there is always enough paint on the car to work on the body later on. I spray paint the body in the following order:
1. Basecoat (to seal all the body surface on the car)
2. Topcoat (for the exterior of the car)
3. Decals in the trunk (to enhance the looks of the trunk and make it look good, but not overly functional)
4. Interior (topcoat)
5. Door panels
6. Brakes (pre-treat in the trunk)
7. Window guards
8. Roof (topcoat)
9. All the windows
10. Wheels and rims
11. Air freshener for the roof
12. A little on the exhaust
13. All the wiring and lights
14. Wheels and brake pads (they do need a little shine)
15. Wiring harness (the wiring for the alternator is not part of the body on the car, so I don’t have to go through it much)
16. Transmission (the transmission for the 3-speed transmission is part of the body in the car.)
17. The paint is the first step, that’s why I use the same paint for the body and the car. I think that’s the best way how to do it.
Once all the paint is done, you want to seal all the surface of the car which means that when you put paint on the body, it should last for a long time. This is because your body will not wash off easily after the paint is put on.
spray paint art time lapse, spray paint art techniques explained cults and extreme, spray paint art supplies for adults, street art spray paint graffiti, spray paint artist america’s got talent