A weight loss of 5 percent of your body weight has been reported to be very effective in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease in men at a BMI of 25 to 30. A weight loss of 10 to 12 percent of body weight has also been reported to significantly reduce the risk.
Many studies conducted since then have found that weight loss of 4 percent to 5 percent of your body weight is still effective to reduce the risk. However, this amount of weight loss may be too little for some people. The most effective amount of weight loss is 5 percent to 6 percent of body weight.
The number varies depending on several physical and psychosocial factors, including age, sex, physical activity level, and family history of heart disease.
For more detailed information:
1. “Effects of Weight Loss on Heart Failure: A Review of the Literature.” Cardiovascular Research. Published online ahead of print February 28, 2011. doi:10.1159/000261790
2. “How much weight do you need to lose to prevent early coronary death? Results from a prospective analysis of 8,923 men and women.” Annals of Internal Medicine, September 2011 issue.
3. “Weight Loss to Prevent Coronary Heart Disease: A Meta Review in the Journal of the American Heart Association.” Annals of Internal Medicine, September 2011. Published online ahead of print February 28.
4. “Weight Loss and Circulating Homocysteine as Risk Factors for Developing Atherosclerosis: A Systematic Review,” Metabolism, September 2011, 48(26-34); Issue 16. DOI: 10.1016/j.metabol.2011.06.002. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1633772/
5. “Adverse drug reactions associated with obesity,” Centers for Disease Control. Published online; February 2014. http://www.cdc.gov/fat-statistics/factsheets/adverse-reactions
The Obesity Institute’s mission is to ensure that all Americans have access to accurate, unbiased data to support health-related decisions across the economic, social, and political spectrum. Obesity.org is a website that uses a variety of statistical tools and tools to track the obesity epidemic, including health and weight disparities.
One of Donald Trump’s attorneys is telling President Trump’s lawyers in the early days of his presidency
weight loss yoga for beginners in tamil, chadwick bozeman weight loss da 5 bloods rotten tomatoes, do any weight loss teas work, fast weight loss drinks at home in hindi, celine dion weight loss youtube cinnamon stick